At 38 weeks and 2 days, I'm only abou 1 cm dilated. The doctor says Audra is measuring a little big so next week we're going to do an ultrasound and see how she's measuring. He said if I make it to 2 cm dilated next week he'll strip my membranes to get things moving along in a natural manner, but that he's concerned and not entirely convinced she's coming out on her own. He discussed possibly inducing me at about 41 weeks and 3 days because of her size and because sometimes first babies are stubborn and like to stay cozy for a while. I'm not going to worry about it, because I am so afraid of pitocin and I've made a commitment to myself and Audra to do this without pain medication or an epidural, so I'm just going to look forward to seeing my beautiful little girl next Tuesday. That's all for now, so no one needs to be worried about getting a phone call in middle of the night, it doesn't look like she's making her appearance anytime soon! More news next Tuesday.
Love and Hugs!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment