It's now time for our family's favorite past- time to hurry up and wait! The Army has given us many an opportunity to take part in rounds of this game so we're used to it. Basically I'm rushing to get all of my school work done and over with, we're both rushing around the house to get things into order for Audra's arrival. For instance, we're cleaning out closets and organizing the laundry to where it's not going to be too chaotic when we're in full swing of baby-care mode (running on minimal amounts of sleep and food).
We've only got a few things left to buy for Audra, among them are things like baby shampoo and bath essentials along with a baby thermometer and some health care stuff for her. We have been absolutely enveloped with love from our family and friends, they've given us so much stuff for Audra and spent so much time and money on her and us already!
The baby shower was last weekend, and it was hectic but I am so glad I have friends that were nice enough to throw me one! Margaret made the most amazing food and as always her home was beautiful! Brandy was in charge of invitations and decorations and of course she did an amazing job too! I had family driving in from like three different states and my close friends from Lipscomb made the drive to be there for just one day! It was incredible being surrounded by that much excitement and love. Audra got lots of clothes, a bath tub (pink of course!), and a munchkin diaper pale with extra bags for it. Margaret gave me a gift certificate for Sensaria which she was kind enough to let me use and let me tell you people it is amazing! You can look her up on www.sensaria.com/carolinaspa and she'll totally get you hooked up :)
Our registries are still open at Target and Babies R Us for anyone who was still wanting to get us something. Everyone keeps asking me what I need most from those lists and I'm telling you guys, every single thing is something I need so whatever you want to get from there is perfect!
As for an update from the doctor's office last Tuesday, here goes: I'm 60% thinned out and 1/2 cm dilated, so she's progressing nicely. Of course my hips feel like they're about to fall off, but other than that Audra is fabulous! Her heart rate was 140 bpm, which is her norm so we're always happy to hear that. As of right now, she may be making her appearance a bit sooner than later so stay tuned!
Love and Hugs xoxox
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment