Ok so here's an update since I haven't written since April.
I've started work again, full throttle and Joe has as well. I love my store that I'm working in, all the girls are fantastic and super friendly. Joe is sitting at a desk, not his usual MO but you know- I'm grateful that he won't be deployed from here.
We hang out with our awesome neighbors a lot now, we have a cook out or just hang out about every other weekend. Jake, one of our neighbors, will often stop over to have a beer with Joe and just chat since he lives by himself (his girlfriend is studying abroad but gets back in June).
All of the wedding preparation is getting into high gear now. I'm overwhelmed with decisions to make on programs, seating, favors, hair and makeup... and let's not forget paying all those wonderful people like the caterer, wedding planner, venue, baker, and DJ. However, they are all paid, thank the Lord for tax returns lol. It's been insane the past few weeks! I still have to get my dress fitted but my grandmother is doing that, and I'm pretty sure Joe is trying to give me a heart attack because he hasn't been fitted for his dress blues as of yet. Not to mention there is drama about Joe and I having a registry even though we've been married for two years. Let me clear this up/vent a little bit...
When Joe and I got married, I was a college student (hint- nearly broke and no housing decor or kitchen stuff whatsoever) marrying a bachelor (video games, one full bed, a couch and a TV). I have to be honest and say that Joe had some really nice things when we got married like our couches, the TV, and good DVD collection. But when it comes to pots and pans, kitchen utensils, kitchen table, etc- I was on my own in finding these things when I moved into our house while he was deployed. Thank God for Peggy-Gail (close friend of the family) who gave us our wonderful pots and pans from Revere Ware. My grandmother has pretty much suited my kitchen from top to bottom with a mixer, gorgeous plates, and some serve ware. I'm very grateful for all of the nice things Joe and I have been blessed with, but the point I'm trying to make can be split into two parts: a) Joe and I never had a wedding and therefore didn't get to do the whole ritual of bridal and engagement showers b) We are in need of some things for our home and we are still a couple just starting out.
Sorry, I needed to get that off of my chest.
On top of all of this, I still have to go to school this summer and get ready for Fall. Geezy peezy.
Joe is doing great though, I have to say. He gets along well with the people he's working with, and he's started studying for taking his CLEP exams and is going to begin school here pretty soon.
Overall we've been incredibly blessed with this move, and even though this summer is going to be super hectic and exciting, we love it all!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment