Today marks 39 weeks and 2 days, and at 10am this morning we had our doctor's appointment. Dr. Austin ordered an ultrasound to see how big she is and how her fluid was and all that. Audra is said to be measuring about 8lbs and 8oz, a super healthy baby girl and apparently very comfortable where she is!
Yes of course, we couldn't resist, we made the ultrasound tech check and make sure she's still a girl lol. We also got to see her suck her fingers, she looked very hungry or something because she was trying to shove absolutely ALL of her fingers in her mouth!
As for her progress, I'm only about 2 cm dilated and still not quite ready so we're going for our 40 weeks appointment Wednesday the 25th. It's weird to think that 5 years ago on that specific date I was graduating high school. Scary.
Anyhow, at that point I'll be 40 weeks and 2 days so if she's still not making any real movement they're throwing around the idea of induction. I think he's concerned I'm going to end up with a shoulder baby like my mom did.... but either way God has a plan and this baby is coming out one way or another! lol
Lately I've pretty much had cabin fever, I am not able to get behind the wheel of a car anymore and even if I wanted I couldn't. Joe's car is in the shop, something about an oil pan and an obscene amount of money it's going to cost to fix it. The price for driving a sport luxury vehicle I suppose. Either way, he's taken possession of my matrix to drive to work which is fine... it just makes me feel a bit more stranded even though I know it doesn't matter either way. So tomorrow hopefully his car will be finished and my car can go back to sitting in the garage, useless and un-driven.
Friday is a cook out for Joe's brigade, which is a nice change of pace and excuse to get out and talk to people, however these things tend to be less stimulating for me than other people's company. For some reason I just haven't been able to connect with any of the other wives in this unit, except for Brandy and Margaret. Officially however, Brandy's husband is no longer activated and Margaret often works different hours and doesn't make it to these functions. We probably won't stay long however because it's going to be so hot and I'm already tired all of the time! I do like getting to talk to the people Joe works with though because they always have such nice things to say about him and it's cool to see him in a different light, the way other people see him. Because of course I think he's an amazing and excellent soldier, but to hear other people agree with me in an unbiased manner is always nice too.
Saturday is the day of family, when my parents and siblings are supposed to roll in. My mom is so concerned about overloading me, she's worried about stressing me out by staying too long. She's always worried about one of us though, and out of four people I suppose I've gotten more worry than the rest because of my pregnancy recently. It doesn't bother me that they'll be here though, I love having my family around for random bits of time. It's always nice to be around the familiar, to playingly bicker and holler at my siblings for random reasons. There's something different about the way family makes you laugh too though, because no one knows you better or knows how much of a screw up you are and still thinks you're awesome. Ok maybe my husband does, but technically he's part of my family now too!
That's all for now, hopefully Audra will come to the world soon and I'll have more exciting news to post soon!
Love and hugs




1 comment:
sleep. get sleep now. it's uncomfortable sleep interrupted by pee breaks, but GET SLEEP NOW. because uncomfortable pee-interrupted sleep is better than no sleep. for weeks. and months. :) can't wait to see pictures of audra!!
Post a Comment