So another year has begun and the Orders family is embracing the biggest year so far! In May we will welcome our first child into the world and our lives will forever be changed. Also this year, Joe is up for his first look by the Army to possibly get promoted to Sergeant First Class. In the Army, after you've made Staff Sergeant, you no longer are brought before a promotion board where you spout facts and knowledge that you need to get promoted. When you go before this promotion board, you go before them in the spirit of a file that includes basically who you are or who you have been so far in the military; your picture (full body), any evaluations, any issues like article 15s or letter of reprimand as well. It's nerve wrecking for so many soldiers, however I think Joe has written it off as he won't get promoted because it's his first look and very few people get picked up on their first look. I'm trying not to mention it because I think he thinks about it enough. Joe also gets to participate in the Audie Murphy board which is an awesome opportunity. If you don't know who Audie Murphy is, read a book or google him! He's only one of the most famous soldiers of all time! In the infantry it's pretty much an honor to be invited to the Audie Murphy board. There's supposedly a PT test and all sorts of stuff involved, Joe has to go and do that in February.
I go back to school on the 20th of January, and I'm only concerned about school in the sense that I will be delivering a baby right after finals. Other than that I really love my new school and all the people there. Everyone is very helpful and the work load is hard but manageable.
To prepare for that exciting event in May, Joe and I are doing some prenatal classes. One is a full day of birthing prep in March and the other is a breastfeeding class in April. Hopefully they'll be able to answer my questions about natural childbirth, Joe and I really don't want to use any drugs at all if possible. I'm still nervous about all the stuff on my birth plan that I don't understand.
Soon after Audra is born (July or August), we'll be trekking to Florida so that my grandmother (who cannot travel) will be able to see her first great grandchild.
Which brings us into the Fall part of this year, Joe may be getting orders for another duty station and we would end up moving in the following Spring. I can just tell you right now, moving with an infant doesn't sound too interesting to me and Audra is not even here yet lol.
Well that's our scope for the year, who knows what will happen as the events unfold? So far God has blessed us immensely and we will continue to follow Him where we need to go! God Bless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment